“Men couldn’t keep their hands off Nona. It was a sweet way to die.”
… is Death handing out Blood-Money, apparently.
Hunt a cat, catch a tiger!
This poor woman is being drilled, snake harassed & branded, which might seem like overkill to some people.
A Novel of the Weak and the Wicked
“Everybody Wanted Her — Even The Killer!”
“Evil Was All Around Her and There Was No Escape”
Would you kill a man you hated — For thirty million dollars?
Best things about this cover
- OK, remember that’s “thirty million dollars” in late ’40s dollars, so I believe the answer to the question is “hell yes.”
- Love his expression—I believe he is telling that lady, “You got served!”
- In turn, I believe the lady is either mimicking masturbation or trying (unsuccessfully, by the look of it) to make cutlery disappear.
- “You call those boobs!?”—sorry, just thinking of more things that guy might be saying.
- Her: “I made you a canoe out of a napkin and this is how you thank me!?” I could go on all day. This one painting is like an endless one-act play.
He knew it could be a hot town. Gambling, B-girls, dope. But no man could know about Connie…
“Be nice to me, Johnny,” the redhead said to Linddell.”I’ve got something you want.”