Castaways of the universe — marooned on a lost planet of war-crazed females!
“Everybody Wanted Her — Even The Killer!”
“Evil Was All Around Her and There Was No Escape”
“Love and Violence in Modern India”
Book by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Cover by Roy Krenkel.
A novel dealing with the conflict between puritan morals and pagan sensuality.
Frenzy and Crisis in the Heart of the Aftrican Night
Love and Violence East of Suez
Would you kill a man you hated — For thirty million dollars?
Best things about this cover
- OK, remember that’s “thirty million dollars” in late ’40s dollars, so I believe the answer to the question is “hell yes.”
- Love his expression—I believe he is telling that lady, “You got served!”
- In turn, I believe the lady is either mimicking masturbation or trying (unsuccessfully, by the look of it) to make cutlery disappear.
- “You call those boobs!?”—sorry, just thinking of more things that guy might be saying.
- Her: “I made you a canoe out of a napkin and this is how you thank me!?” I could go on all day. This one painting is like an endless one-act play.
A Heritage of Infamy!