Everybody Wanted Her — Even The Killer!
Evil Was All Around Her and There Was No Escape
“Love and Violence in Modern India”
I have to say, I find her offer compelling.
The Gilded Hearse can be seen here and here.
Book by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Cover by Roy Krenkel.
“Raw violence rips the town as settlers and Indians fight for gold!”
Behind-the-scenes on a weekly news-magazine… the loves, the hates, the drive for money and power.
A novel dealing with the conflict between puritan morals and pagan sensuality.
Frenzy and Crisis in the Heart of the Aftrican Night
Love and Violence East of Suez
For a little guy, he sure made it big!
Would you kill a man you hated — For thirty million dollars?
Best things about this cover
- OK, remember that’s “thirty million dollars” in late ’40s dollars, so I believe the answer to the question is “hell yes.”
- Love his expression—I believe he is telling that lady, “You got served!”
- In turn, I believe the lady is either mimicking masturbation or trying (unsuccessfully, by the look of it) to make cutlery disappear.
- “You call those boobs!?”—sorry, just thinking of more things that guy might be saying.
- Her: “I made you a canoe out of a napkin and this is how you thank me!?” I could go on all day. This one painting is like an endless one-act play.
Now where on Earth did that sneaky octopus get off to?